A parody of paradoxes

I had resisted it. Even ignored it. But the new year kept peeping at me; the ostentatious display of the date by the calendar nudging me for days now.

Finally, I give in. Time for some reflection, some new resolutions.

So I ponder. Something new, something unique. But what?

As I reflect more, I can't but get more confused.
I have tried them all before: Follow your heart, Live in the present, Balance your life, Manage your time, Be Healthy, Make New Friends, Be good, Be fair, Spread Joy...

Very apt goals. Just why haven't they worked?

Some more thinking.

How can you follow your own heart, when you're expected to meet expectations of all around you?
How do you always live in the present, while striving for a future goal?
How do you balance your life, when you set yourself up for multiple priorities?
How can you think of time management, while spending hours on Facebook? :)
How can you be healthy, when you're always stressed about being healthy?
How do you make new friends, when you can't keep up with your old ones?
How can you be good and fair, when good and fair are not accepted?
How can you keep spreading joy, when you're fighting your own glooms?

Such is our world. Very complex, a little paradoxical. 


And our life: A  parody of paradoxes, I say.