Philosophy of Life by an Indian Carpenter

Remember that illiterate carpenter I had introduced in my earlier blogpost on Maid in India (Part 2)...Over the course of my book rack, I got to know him a lot better. Our conversation never ended without him giving an anecdotal story about his life, his experiences and his journey so far. The book rack is complete and I may not get to talk to him ever so often, maybe never. But his words will surely stay with me forever. The anecdotes, unfortunately have blurred in my memory but the quotes are stuck. Here are some of his words (almost verbatim) on topics as varied as his personality.

On Business

On Roles of life

On Friendship

On Challenge

On Truth

On Meaning of Life


I tell him I'm surprised at his philosophical expertise, esp. since he cannot read or write. He says, "I'm because I experience. I cant read words, but I do read people every day and process them through my heart." 

I ask whether I can blog (to him..write) about his words of wisdom. He says,  "Pls. do spread my word around. The world doesn't need everyone to be good. Only a few good men will do."

Nothing less than a certain "Jewish" carpenter..right?!



Labels: , ,